Frequently Asked Questions
I’m so thrilled to share the Thriving Child Summit with you!
Please review this FAQ page for any questions you may have regarding the Thriving Child Summit. We are so excited to bring you this amazing online event, and want to make sure that you have an awesome experience. Please know that our team consists of me and my hubby, Peter (yup – that’s it!), and we will make every endeavor to get back to you as soon as possible with any questions or concerns.
- Why am I not receiving the summit emails?
- Why are the videos not playing well?
- How does the Summit work?
- I click the link to today’s interviews but they are not available?
- How long are the free bonus gifts from our speakers available?
- When will I be able to access the summit content that I’ve purchased?
- I purchased the summit, but can’t log in.
- How do I access the summit content that I’ve purchased?
- When will Dr. Song’s bonus Q&A session be?
- If I’m having trouble with the summit, how do I contact you?
- What is the refund policy?
Why am I not receiving the summit emails?
For most people having trouble, the emails were sent but not opened or received. Here are some things to do:
- When you first sign up for the summit, we send you and email to confirm your email address. Make sure you click the link in that email to confirm your address! If you are not sure your email address has been confirmed, enter your name and address in the signup form again and our email system will figure things out for you.
- Check your SPAM/JUNK folder and mark any of our email there as “Not Junk” or “Not SPAM”.
- Some of you haven’t found any emails in any of your folders, even though our system reports the emails as delivered. The main reason emails go through for some people and not others is they are being filtered by your email provider. To prevent this, please add email@example.com to your address book. In most cases this will solve the problem. You can also add us to your email “safe list”. This process varies for each email provider, but to ensure that you will receive each day’s invite, please go to your email account and determine how to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list.”
- Finally, if you have done all of this and still are not receiving our email, this is unfortunately the result of your email providers blocking some email from other email providers if they think they are a source of spam, and is entirely beyond our control. Shockingly, this blocked email is never delivered anywhere (not even to your SPAM folder) – and NOBODY IS NOTIFIED WHAT WAS BLOCKED! Please try signing up for the summit with another email address, or email us at email@example.com and we will see what we can do.
Why are the videos not playing well?
We use Wistia, a well-known, professional video hosting service, for all our videos. They support a virtually unlimited number of people streaming each video without performance problems. Here are the suggestions from Wistia on what to check when there are problems viewing a video:
- Change the Video Display Quality
Displaying a video at a high quality requires more internet bandwidth and more computer processing power. If you are experiencing video playback problems, try clicking on the Settings (the wheel) icon in the right part of the video control bar and adjust the playback quality to a lower number. While we won’t look as good, we’ll be more fun to watch.
- Check Your Internet Speed
Are you (or your customers) experiencing slow loading, or seeing a “Loading…” message on your videos? The most common cause of this problem is that the viewer’s Internet connection speed is not fast enough to support video playback reliably. While we take many steps to optimize the playback experience for each viewer, there are some minimum requirements for a smooth playback experience. Check your internet speed here.
- Clear Your Cache
This may seem silly, but it’s an amazing fix in a number of situations. Try clearing your browser’s cache and restarting your web browser.
- Chrome: Three-dots icon in upper right –> More Tools –> Clear Browsing Data…
- Safari: Preferences –> Privacy —> Remove All Browsing Data
- Firefox: Three-bars icon in upper right –> History –> Clear recent history
- Internet: Explorer Tools –> Internet Options –> Browsing History
- Try a Different Browser
Sometimes different browsers can cause problems. If you’re using Firefox and your video doesn’t play, but things are ok in Chrome, let us know.
- Reset Your Internet Connection
Your internet connection can affect playback. Try resetting your router and make sure you have a good connection. For mobile devices, try re-connecting to WiFi or momentarily turn on “Airplane Mode” to reset your cellular connection.
How does the Summit work?
You receive an email at 6:00 a.m. PST (9:00 a.m. EST) on each day of the summit with that day’s speakers and topics. Each day’s speakers will be available for free listening from any computer or mobile device for 24 hours until 6:00 a.m. PST (9:00 a.m. EST) the following day.
I click the link to today’s interviews but they are not available?
Interviews are only available for one day, please make sure you are clicking on the link for the correct day. This could also be a browser caching issue. Please try to “clear your cache”. If this does not work, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long are the free bonus gifts from our speakers available?
Please be sure to download the bonus gifts that you’d like from each speaker during the summit. We guarantee that bonus gifts will be available for the duration of the summit. After the summit, it is up to each speaker whether they maintain the link to their bonus gift.
When will I be able to access the summit content that I’ve purchased?
All Thriving Child Summit interviews and PDF transcripts will be available after the summit is over on September 27, 2017.
I purchased the summit, but can’t log in.
Most login problems are caused by two problems:
- Make sure you are using the correct username and password. The password is case-sensitive. If you changed your password, please remember to use the new password, not the one in the initial Customer Information email you received.
- Some summit information may be cached in your web browser. Please clear your cache, close the browser, restart the browser and try to login again. Another good way to make sure cached information is not causing a problem is to use a “private” or “incognito” browser window. Each browser does this a little differently:
- In Mozilla (Firefox): Click the 3-line Open Menu icon in the upper right corner and select “New Private Window.”
- In Chrome: Click 3-dot icon in the upper right corner and select “New incognito window.”
- In Internet Explorer: Click the wheel icon in the upper right corner and select “Safety” and then “InPrivate Browsing” from the menu.
- In Safari: Choose File > New Private Window
- On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Open Safari, tap Private, then Private again when done.
How do I access the summit content that I’ve purchased?
- Click the “Customer Information (Purchased Content)” link in the menu at the top of the Thriving Child Summit main webpage.
- You will be prompted to enter your username and password.
- Once successfully logged in, you should be on a web page with the summit banners, and the package names of what you purchased displayed to the right of the banners.
- If you happen to end up on the Customer Account page, click the “Customer Information” link in the menu.
- Click the package name link to access purchased content.
When will Dr. Song’s bonus Q&A session be?
This Q&A session is available to anyone who purchased the All Access package of the summit, or may be purchased separately for $47 after the summit if space is still available. The session will occur in the 2 weeks following the summit. Please look out for a quick poll to determine what day/time works best for the majority of listeners. But don’t worry if you miss it – the session will be recorded and available to watch on demand.
If I’m having trouble with the summit, how do I contact you?
Please feel free to contact us at any time at email@example.com. We typically respond very quickly, and will do our best to answer your email as soon as possible.
What is the refund policy?
We offer a 14-day satisfaction guarantee on our online programs.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all refund requests.